Sidmouth store celebrates first anniversary
Little Abigail’s giraffe photo wows Thornton judges in anniversary contest
COMPETITIONS, prizes and complimentary cupcakes were the order of the day at Card Bar, Thornton’s, in celebration of their first year trading in Sidmouth, writes Emma Finch.
Laura Wheaton, manager of the Fore Street store, which opened in FolkWeek 2010, said: “It’s been a fantastic year and we’ve loved every second of it.
“The team have worked incredibly hard and the locals have been so supportive.
“Quite a few customers have asked if we were closing since Thornton’s are selling a lot of their own stores, but we are a separate franchise and we’re definitely here to stay.”
You may also want to watch:
Abigail Price, seven, took home a 3ft teddy as overall winner of the store’s anniversary colouring competition, and chocolate rewards went to two runners up.
Abigail’s picture was chosen from more than 20 entries, clinching first prize for her “creative” addition of a safety helmet to her coloured-in giraffe.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Mum, Sarah Price said: “Abigail was so excited she won! She drew the helmet on the giraffe’s head so if he fell off his roller skates he wouldn’t hurt himself. It seemed to be a hit with the judges.”