Sidmouth store helps Barn Owl Trust
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth s branch of Waitrose.
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth's branch of Waitrose.
Caroline Lewis received the cheque from the store's deputy manager John Pike and the money comes from its Community Matters regular giving initiative.
Customers nominate organisations to be supported and put tokens, given each time they shop, into collecting boxes to decide how money is shared out.
Caroline, the Trust's publicity officer, said: "We were delighted to be nominated for the Community Matters scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"It is fantastic that Waitrose and their customers chose to support our conservation work.
"As well as receiving a donation towards our work, the scheme also helps to generate awareness about the Barn Owl Trust which is so important for a relatively small charity like us.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching