Sidmouth store helps Barn Owl Trust
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth s branch of Waitrose.
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth's branch of Waitrose.
Caroline Lewis received the cheque from the store's deputy manager John Pike and the money comes from its Community Matters regular giving initiative.
Customers nominate organisations to be supported and put tokens, given each time they shop, into collecting boxes to decide how money is shared out.
Caroline, the Trust's publicity officer, said: "We were delighted to be nominated for the Community Matters scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"It is fantastic that Waitrose and their customers chose to support our conservation work.
"As well as receiving a donation towards our work, the scheme also helps to generate awareness about the Barn Owl Trust which is so important for a relatively small charity like us.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council