Sidmouth store helps Barn Owl Trust
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth s branch of Waitrose.
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth's branch of Waitrose.
Caroline Lewis received the cheque from the store's deputy manager John Pike and the money comes from its Community Matters regular giving initiative.
Customers nominate organisations to be supported and put tokens, given each time they shop, into collecting boxes to decide how money is shared out.
Caroline, the Trust's publicity officer, said: "We were delighted to be nominated for the Community Matters scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"It is fantastic that Waitrose and their customers chose to support our conservation work.
"As well as receiving a donation towards our work, the scheme also helps to generate awareness about the Barn Owl Trust which is so important for a relatively small charity like us.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 3 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal