Sidmouth store helps Barn Owl Trust
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth s branch of Waitrose.
A CHEQUE for �270 has been presented to The Barn Owl Trust, a Devon-based national conservation charity, by Sidmouth's branch of Waitrose.
Caroline Lewis received the cheque from the store's deputy manager John Pike and the money comes from its Community Matters regular giving initiative.
Customers nominate organisations to be supported and put tokens, given each time they shop, into collecting boxes to decide how money is shared out.
Caroline, the Trust's publicity officer, said: "We were delighted to be nominated for the Community Matters scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"It is fantastic that Waitrose and their customers chose to support our conservation work.
"As well as receiving a donation towards our work, the scheme also helps to generate awareness about the Barn Owl Trust which is so important for a relatively small charity like us.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary