Sidmouth store recognises star employees
- Credit: Archant
Star employees at Fields of Sidmouth have helped to raise nearly £3,600 for Devon Young Carers after a year of fundraising.
The store revealed the total at its annual ‘Fafta’ awards in its newly refurbished café and restaurant after staff held individual and team fundraisers throughout 2017.
Among the efforts were Rebecca Mawson, who raised £1,400 through a 100 miles charity cycle.
Matthew Byrne, from Devon Young Carers, said the money would be used to provide trips and activities for youngsters who miss out on opportunities because they are looking after a family member.
The store announced Sidmouth Hospiscare as its chosen charity for 2018/19.
You may also want to watch:
Director Rebecca Murphy presented three long service awards to Sarah Shipman for five years and Rebecca Mawson and Edward Blackmore for 15 years.
The ceremony closed with the team of the year award which was won by the ladies fashion department.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start