Sidmouth store recognises star employees
- Credit: Archant
Star employees at Fields of Sidmouth have helped to raise nearly £3,600 for Devon Young Carers after a year of fundraising.
The store revealed the total at its annual ‘Fafta’ awards in its newly refurbished café and restaurant after staff held individual and team fundraisers throughout 2017.
Among the efforts were Rebecca Mawson, who raised £1,400 through a 100 miles charity cycle.
Matthew Byrne, from Devon Young Carers, said the money would be used to provide trips and activities for youngsters who miss out on opportunities because they are looking after a family member.
The store announced Sidmouth Hospiscare as its chosen charity for 2018/19.
You may also want to watch:
Director Rebecca Murphy presented three long service awards to Sarah Shipman for five years and Rebecca Mawson and Edward Blackmore for 15 years.
The ceremony closed with the team of the year award which was won by the ladies fashion department.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites