Sidmouth store’s coffee shop wins silver in Taste of West
Fields of Sidmouth retains its silver status for coffee shop in Taste of the West awards
FIELDS of Sidmouth is delighted to be the only known department store with an award-winning coffee shop.
Staff are thrilled to have maintained their award for a second year running, this year achieving silver status in this year’s Taste of the West awards, writes Annie Wallace.
The popular Market Place shop’s Coffee Shop, now joins Brown’s Bistro to become the second business in Sidmouth to win an award for 2011.
Claire Jenkins, promotion and marketing manager proudly told the Sidmouth Herald: “We are very pleased to have won an award again. Belonging to Taste of the West gives our coffee shop credibility.”
You may also want to watch:
Claire stressed the importance of having satisfied, loyal customers.
“A couple told me yesterday that they have been coming here for 17 years and they don’t think anyone matches our standards.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Fields constantly reviews its suppliers so it can offer the best quality at the best possible price, while supporting local businesses.