Sidmouth store to become charity partner and more news
Colleagues at Sidmouth’s Original Factory Shop aim to make a difference to one local charity in 2012 by becoming its charity partner. Read this and more.
DEMONSTRATION: Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comforts Fund will hold a Christmas Special at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, from 10.30am to 3pm on Wednesday, December 7. There will be a dried flowers demonstration with ploughman’s lunch. Tickets are �10 each from Paragon Books.
CHARITY NOMINATION: Colleagues at Sidmouth’s Original Factory Shop aim to make a difference to one local charity in 2012 by becoming its charity partner.
Manager, Teresa Stoodley, is seeking nominations and in-store forms should be completed by Monday, December 5.
She said: “We’ve decided to support just one local cause in 2012 so that we can really make a big difference to them. We’re asking for nominations from anyone in Sidmouth who needs a helping hand, whether it’s a mothers and toddlers group, a local children’s football team or a support group of whatever kind.”
Activities will be organised by staff, who hope to raise a minimum of �500 for the chosen charity.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
BYRON DISCOVERY: Research into the collection of drawings by John Constable (1776-1837) at Exeter’s Royal Albert Memorial Museum, has revealed another portrait of a literary giant: Lord Byron. The pencil sketch was rapidly executed on a pocket-sized piece of paper and bears a strong resemblance to contemporary portraits of the infamous Lord Byron (1788-1824). Its discovery follows one of William Wordsworth last year.
WICKED: Sidmouth pupil Megan Cox is among 100 shortlisted for the 2011 WICKED Young Writers’ Award in the 8-10 age category.