Sidmouth store up against Harrods for top award
Fields of Sidmouth takes on big boys in national Drapers Fashion Awards final
SIDMOUTH’S own family-owned department store is up against the likes of Harrods in a national Drapers Fashion Awards final.
Fields of Sidmouth is one of six finalists in this year’s Department Store of the Year category.
Its competitors for the title are Harrods, Debenhams, John Lewis, Goulds and Psyche.
Fields’ managing director, Trevor Roberts, said: “We are obviously delighted that Fields is being considered for such a prestigious industry award, along with so many giants of the retail world.
You may also want to watch:
“To have been selected as one of the finalists has given all our staff a real sense of satisfaction and pride in the company and the store.”
The store had to answer various questions relating to its fashion offering, including brands and best-selling brand, plus a mix of other questions.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Winners of the Drapers Fashion Awards, will be announced during a glamorous ceremony on Wednesday, November 16, at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
? The store began life in 1800 as one of four shops built close to the seafront, owned by a William Gale.
John Field arrived in 1870 to expand the business and little changed for 100 years until in 1978 Alan Spores, father of two of today’s directors, acquired the business.