Sidmouth store up against Harrods for top award
Fields of Sidmouth takes on big boys in national Drapers Fashion Awards final
SIDMOUTH’S own family-owned department store is up against the likes of Harrods in a national Drapers Fashion Awards final.
Fields of Sidmouth is one of six finalists in this year’s Department Store of the Year category.
Its competitors for the title are Harrods, Debenhams, John Lewis, Goulds and Psyche.
Fields’ managing director, Trevor Roberts, said: “We are obviously delighted that Fields is being considered for such a prestigious industry award, along with so many giants of the retail world.
You may also want to watch:
“To have been selected as one of the finalists has given all our staff a real sense of satisfaction and pride in the company and the store.”
The store had to answer various questions relating to its fashion offering, including brands and best-selling brand, plus a mix of other questions.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
Winners of the Drapers Fashion Awards, will be announced during a glamorous ceremony on Wednesday, November 16, at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
? The store began life in 1800 as one of four shops built close to the seafront, owned by a William Gale.
John Field arrived in 1870 to expand the business and little changed for 100 years until in 1978 Alan Spores, father of two of today’s directors, acquired the business.