Sidmouth store up against Harrods for top award
Fields of Sidmouth takes on big boys in national Drapers Fashion Awards final
SIDMOUTH’S own family-owned department store is up against the likes of Harrods in a national Drapers Fashion Awards final.
Fields of Sidmouth is one of six finalists in this year’s Department Store of the Year category.
Its competitors for the title are Harrods, Debenhams, John Lewis, Goulds and Psyche.
Fields’ managing director, Trevor Roberts, said: “We are obviously delighted that Fields is being considered for such a prestigious industry award, along with so many giants of the retail world.
You may also want to watch:
“To have been selected as one of the finalists has given all our staff a real sense of satisfaction and pride in the company and the store.”
The store had to answer various questions relating to its fashion offering, including brands and best-selling brand, plus a mix of other questions.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Winners of the Drapers Fashion Awards, will be announced during a glamorous ceremony on Wednesday, November 16, at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
? The store began life in 1800 as one of four shops built close to the seafront, owned by a William Gale.
John Field arrived in 1870 to expand the business and little changed for 100 years until in 1978 Alan Spores, father of two of today’s directors, acquired the business.