Sidmouth store up against Harrods for top award
Fields of Sidmouth takes on big boys in national Drapers Fashion Awards final
SIDMOUTH’S own family-owned department store is up against the likes of Harrods in a national Drapers Fashion Awards final.
Fields of Sidmouth is one of six finalists in this year’s Department Store of the Year category.
Its competitors for the title are Harrods, Debenhams, John Lewis, Goulds and Psyche.
Fields’ managing director, Trevor Roberts, said: “We are obviously delighted that Fields is being considered for such a prestigious industry award, along with so many giants of the retail world.
“To have been selected as one of the finalists has given all our staff a real sense of satisfaction and pride in the company and the store.”
The store had to answer various questions relating to its fashion offering, including brands and best-selling brand, plus a mix of other questions.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 5 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 6 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 7 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 10 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
Winners of the Drapers Fashion Awards, will be announced during a glamorous ceremony on Wednesday, November 16, at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
? The store began life in 1800 as one of four shops built close to the seafront, owned by a William Gale.
John Field arrived in 1870 to expand the business and little changed for 100 years until in 1978 Alan Spores, father of two of today’s directors, acquired the business.