Sidmouth student duo tackle teamwork course
Two Sidmouth College and Colyton Grammar students are celebrating the completion of a course aimed at boosting leadership, problem solving and teamwork skills.
A PAIR of Sidmouth students are celebrating the completion of a course aimed at boosting leadership, problem solving and teamwork skills.
Sidmouth College student Damaris Critchlow,16, of Winslade Road and Olivia Lee, 17, of Sid Road, who attends Colyton Grammar School, joined 18 other 16 to 18 year-olds on the week-long Rotary Youth Leadership Awards held at the Dartmoor Adventure Centres in Throwleigh and Oakhampton.
While both teenagers admitted to being apprehensive at the start, confidence weas boosted through activities such as kayaking, sailing, high rope walking and gorge scrambling. Both quickly made friends and agreed that it was worthwhile and great fun.
Damaris said "We learned to work together in teams, it was all about confidence, patience and fairness"
You may also want to watch:
Olivia added: "We've learnt about our personal strengths and how they could be used to support others."
Both girls were sponsored by Sid Valley Rotary Club.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon