Sidmouth supports Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers got dotty and donned their Pudsey ears or all-yellow onesies to support the Children in Need appeal last week.
Saxophone duo Small Change, also known as Jan McCann and Jackie Ensall, played in Sidmouth’s Market Place to net more than £600.
Jan said: “We would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who supported us. It was great fun, and such an important cause.”
Staff at Boots Opticians thanked their customers for supporting their bake sale and helping to bring in £103.
And between Children in Need and ChildLine, pupils at St John’s School raised £1,000 for charity last week.
You may also want to watch:
For Children in Need, the year six class organised a games day while the seniors set up stalls to sell snacks and crafts.
Head boy Michael, 11, said: “I’m just really proud of us as a school, because we aren’t that big really but all of us care about helping others, and we worked hard to achieve something good.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight