Sidmouth swimathon’s chosen 2018 causes revealed
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers will be making another big splash for charity at the town’s annual big swimathon event.
Sidmouth Hospiscare, the Sid Valley Memory Cafe and The Gig Club have now been selected as the three chosen causes that will be sponsored by fundraisers on the day.
In the past, the popular event has helped to raise tens of thousands of pounds for charity.
Sidmouth Golf Club members will be using three lanes for their captain’s charity of the year – which is also Sidmouth Hospiscare.
The cash made by the swimmers in the remaining 22 lanes will then be split between the three chosen causes.
You may also want to watch:
The Victoria Hotel will also be giving a cup to the team that swims the most lanes at the event, on October 6.
Even organiser Nigel Sharp, said the swimathon was always a fun event.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
He said the cup was for the younger swimmers who wanted to be able to compete.