Sidmouth Swimathon success
- Credit: Archant
Teams made a big splash for a trio of Sid Valley charities at Sidmouth’s annual Swimathon on Saturday.
Participants clocked up 2,308 lengths of the town’s pool - equivalent in distance to driving to Paignton.
Organiser the Rotary Club of Sidmouth will split the final total between the Admiral Nurse Campaign, Sidmouth Town Band and Sidmouth Hospiscare.
Rotarian Nigel Sharp said: “It’s a wonderful event and it’s lovely to see so many children swimming. The ages were right across the spectrum, everyone taking part really enjoys it. It’s a well-oiled machine.”
The Sid Valley Sharks team, Noah’s Sharks, swam the most lenghts in their allotted hour - 188.
You may also want to watch:
St Johns School’s elite team and Sidbury Cricket Club’s Almost Baywatch swam 172 and 156 lengths respectively.
New teams this year included Otter Nurseries.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Those returning sponsorship can drop donations to Alan Maynard at 1 Seaton Burn, Boughmore Lane, Sidmouth EX10 8SJ, or Nigel Sharp at 31 Drakes Avenue, Sidford, EX10 9JT.
Cheques should be made out to Rotary Club of Sidmouth Trust Account.
Teams can also set up a BT My Donate page and select Sidmouth Rotary Club, charity account 1042543, or Rotary Club of Sidmouth Trust Fund.