Sidmouth tearoom signs up to free water filling scheme
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth tearoom has joined a free water bottle filling scheme in a bid to reduce plastic waste in the town.
John and Kirsty Hammond have always offered free water at the Dairy Shop, but now they have joined the growing Refill network.
They are researching other environmentally-friendly initiatives and have backed an online petition calling for Sidmouth to become a plastic-free town.
John said it was important retailers were at the front trying to make changes and not because legislation forced them too.
He added: “You are going to change because it is the right thing to do. There is more that we can do. It is about the plastic and where it ends up and making sure it is recycled responsibly.
You may also want to watch:
“It is soul-destroying when you go onto the beach and see litter that’s been left there.”
Read more about the petition on page 18.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC