A blooming good idea – Toby’s flower fundraiser to kick-start Kenya trip total
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth teenager is hoping his floral fundraiser will attract festival goers as part of efforts to raise money to volunteer abroad.
Sidmouth College student Toby Wells and his mum, Sarah, have come up with the idea to sell stems from their hydrangea bush to passers-by attending Sidmouth Folk Festival. The family usually set up a stall outside their home on Salcombe Road and this year will do so to kick start Toby's fundraising.
The teenager needs to raise £4,300 before he joins the Camp International trip to Kenya with the school in 2021.
The family decided to get a head start on fundraising as Toby starts his GCSEs this year. Each stem will cost £1.
Mrs Wells said: "We have a bush which has plenty of pretty flowers. We've decide to sell these blooms to Folk Festival passers-by to raise money and to make this beautiful bush completely empty.
You may also want to watch:
"It gets a lot of compliments from people who walk past. It's a start to raise the money."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 9 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride