Sidmouth ticket scam mystery
Was fraudulent fine scam or joke?
A PRACTICAL joke could have gone too far after a holidaymaker called the cops when she found a fraudulent parking ticket on her car in Market Place.
Sidmouth police aren’t sure whether the isolated incident is a scam or a prank.
The woman intended to write and contest the ticket but discovered it was phony when she looked the company up on the internet.
She found TB Parking Ltd had an address at 115 Gotcha Lane, Youwerefooled, HA1 HA1.
You may also want to watch:
The visitor and local officers have moved to warn others in case they are duped into parting with cash.
“The woman was concerned that people may not notice the address and will call the number and pay,” said PCSO Alex Powe.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
“It seems to be more of a joke than a scam but we want to warn people this is happening in Sidmouth.”