Sidmouth to bag Walkers are Welcome status
“There’s little downside to this initiative, and the town’s economy can only benefit,” said Councillor Dyson.
SIDMOUTH is set to become only the second town in Devon listed on a website that promotes walking in a bid to boost tourism.
Civic leaders last week agreed to pay �50 to secure the town Walkers are Welcome status.
The grass-roots initiative will help strengthen Sidmouth’s reputation as a place for visitors to come and enjoy the outdoors, according to town councillor John Dyson.
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce has also backed the bid.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s little down side to this initiative, and the town’s economy can only benefit,” said Councillor Dyson.
He added status will be sealed once 250 signatures of support have been gathered among other requirements.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action