Sidmouth to celebrate Delderfield’s centenary and other news
A host of activities to celebrate the centenary of the birth of Sidmouth author, RF Delderfield. Read this and more.
DEPUTY HEAD: Sidmouth primary has welcomed back their deputy head, Julie Allen, who has returned from maternity leave.
FAMILY FUN: Family fun week continues with a Family Fun Day run by Emmanuel Baptist Church at Manstone playing field, on Saturday (23) from 2pm until 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
TOP RATINGS: Fields of Sidmouth coffee shop has been given a Certificate of Excellence by the ratings website, Trip Advisor, for its consistently excellent customer reviews. The public have voted it second out of 39 restaurants in Sidmouth, with an average score of 4.5 out of 5.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
COUNTRY FAIR AND OPEN DAY: Bicton College are holding their annual country fair and open day on Saturday June 30. Entry for the fun day out for all the family is �5 for adults and �3 for children.
INDEPENDENCE DAY: Sidmouth primary are celebrating the American Declaration of Independence on July 4 with a special Yankee-themed lunch. It will include hot dogs, sweetcorn, cookies and milkshakes.
DELDERFIELD DAY: A host of activities to celebrate the centenary of the birth of Sidmouth author, RF Delderfield, is planned for this Sunday (24). At Kennaway House from 2pm there will be a performance of one of his plays, a guided walk, a trip in a vintage vehicle and a cream tea. All for �5.
Tickets are available at Paragon Books.
FREE TICKETS: Sidmouth College has free tickets for womens’ football events at the Olympics to give away to students. To apply, pupils must explain their take on Olympic values, by June 29.