Sidmouth to get scientific in 2012
SIDMOUTH will become a centre for science in less than a year’s time.
It was announced this week that a weekend of events will take place on October 19, 20 and 21 in 2012.
The Vision Group for Sidmouth hopes to raise awareness of just how much science affects everyday lives by integrating art, music, dance and drama with serious scientific and technological talks.
Events for all age groups and parts of the community will take place over the three days.
There will be activities for schools and families as stimulating debate.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have also promised internationally renowned speakers, primary and secondary school competitions and exhibitions, hands-on science experiments, a Sidmouth science trail, and marking 150 years at the Norman Lockyer Observatory.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98