Sidmouth to ‘go blue’ for Hospiscare
FRIENDS of Sidmouth Hospiscare are asking the town to support a ‘Blue Day’ they have organised for Saturday June, 29.
They will be approaching businesses to ask them to display stickers in their windows in the week leading up to the event.
“We are hoping that local businesses will join in with supporting our day by making their window displays blue and maybe even encouraging their staff to wear blue on the Saturday,” said Lisa Craig, chairman of Friends of Sidmouth Hospiscare.
Volunteers will be in and around the town for a street collection and awareness campaign to raise the profile of the cause.
Sidmouth Hospiscare provides nursing care, support and information for those with life-limiting illnesses in the Sid Valley.
You may also want to watch:
“We are an independent charity that provides 24 hour support for patients and their family and friends, and have a large number of volunteers that help with driving, bereavement support and fundraising,” added Lisa.
Anyone interested in helping with street collections on June 29 can contact Sidmouth Hospiscare’s office on 01395 578707.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 10 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors