Sidmouth to ‘go pink’ on October 28
SIDMOUTH will go pink to fight breast cancer on Friday, October 28, it was announced this week.
And it is hoped the traditional day of colourful fun, in aid of Cancer Research UK, will be more popular than ever.
Sharon Lupu, manager of Sidmouth’s Cancer Research shop, has already signed up 42 businesses to take part in festivities.
“Everybody has said yes so far, I’m trying to go around everywhere but if I’ve missed anybody then please contact me,” she said.
“I’ve also got balloons, badges and collection boxes for people in shops, hotels and pubs.”
You may also want to watch:
Sharon has also launched a search for volunteers to dress up and help with a street collection, in aid of the charity, for an hour or two between 9am and 6pm on the day.
Contact Sharon at Cancer Research UK in Fore Street on (01395) 577203.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future