Sidmouth to ‘go pink’ on October 28
SIDMOUTH will go pink to fight breast cancer on Friday, October 28, it was announced this week.
And it is hoped the traditional day of colourful fun, in aid of Cancer Research UK, will be more popular than ever.
Sharon Lupu, manager of Sidmouth’s Cancer Research shop, has already signed up 42 businesses to take part in festivities.
“Everybody has said yes so far, I’m trying to go around everywhere but if I’ve missed anybody then please contact me,” she said.
“I’ve also got balloons, badges and collection boxes for people in shops, hotels and pubs.”
Sharon has also launched a search for volunteers to dress up and help with a street collection, in aid of the charity, for an hour or two between 9am and 6pm on the day.
Contact Sharon at Cancer Research UK in Fore Street on (01395) 577203.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 7 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 8 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 9 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 10 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'