Sidmouth to host first Green Vehicle Day
ORGANISERS behind the first Green Vehicle Show in Sidmouth are gearing up for the environmentally friendly Sid Valley Energy Action Group (SVEAG) event on March 17.
Sidmouth College will host a wide range of the most fuel efficient, tax exempt cars from top manufacturers from 10am to 2pm.
There will also be electric bikes, increasingly popular in Sidmouth, for visitors to try out.
The free event will also feature a raffle and talks on eco-driving.
SVEAG organisers have invited cyclists to join a push bike and electric bike procession - led by councillors - leaving from the High Street Sidmouth Cycles at 9.30am on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The procession will be via the Byes to Sidmouth College for the event’s grand opening at 10am.
Contact Jackie Green on 01395 578089, or Duncan Hasell on 01395 577354, for more information.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98