Sidmouth to host first Green Vehicle Day
ORGANISERS behind the first Green Vehicle Show in Sidmouth are gearing up for the environmentally friendly Sid Valley Energy Action Group (SVEAG) event on March 17.
Sidmouth College will host a wide range of the most fuel efficient, tax exempt cars from top manufacturers from 10am to 2pm.
There will also be electric bikes, increasingly popular in Sidmouth, for visitors to try out.
The free event will also feature a raffle and talks on eco-driving.
SVEAG organisers have invited cyclists to join a push bike and electric bike procession - led by councillors - leaving from the High Street Sidmouth Cycles at 9.30am on the day.
The procession will be via the Byes to Sidmouth College for the event’s grand opening at 10am.
Contact Jackie Green on 01395 578089, or Duncan Hasell on 01395 577354, for more information.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change