Sidmouth to host street party for Queen’s 90th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being asked to ‘keep the date’ and get their party gear at the ready for the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Subject to a road closure being granted, Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce is organising a street party – and it hopes to have 1,000 people sitting down together in Market Place and the surrounding area on Sunday, June 12.
The town has a long tradition of street parties. Most recently, residents were out in force to mark the wedding of Prince William and Kate in 2011 and for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012.
Tickets for June’s event will go on sale at 10am on April 16, upstairs in the Anchor Inn. A queuing system will start at 9.30am.
Only tables will be provided. Guests are asked to take their own food, drink and chairs, and can dress their tables as much or as little as they like.
You may also want to watch:
Tables for six people will cost £24 and tables for eight will cost £32.
Anyone interested in sponsoring the event, possibly to fund a mug for every participant, should email chamber chairman Mel Gater at email@example.com.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
The street party will run from 4pm to 7pm.