Sidmouth toddler swallows penny
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth toddler gave his parents a fright - after he swallowed a penny.
William Bosence was playing with a 1pence piece and popped it in his mouth before his mum, Amanda, or dad, Moray, could do anything to stop him.
The panicked couple rushed the two-and-a-half-year-old to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where he was given an X-ray.
Doctors said there was nothing to worry about as the penny had, fortunately, gone through to his stomach - and all they would have to do was wait for nature to take its course.
Moray said: “My first feeling was panic. One minute he was playing with it, the next we knew he had swallowed it. I picked him up, turned him over and patted him on the back, but nothing came out so we rushed him to the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“I just wanted to make sure it had gone through to his stomach and had not become lodged anywhere - luckily it hadn’t.”
William swallowed the coin last Tuesday morning, October 4. After speaking to the Herald this week, his family said the penny was yet to reappear.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival