Sidmouth toilet re-vamp delayed by bad weather
- Credit: Archant
WORK to complete an £81,000 refurbishment of public toilets at Sidmouth’s Three Cornered Plot has been held up by bad weather.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) has apologised for the unfinished appearance of the loo block.
Bosses explained that contractors were unable to complete work on the exterior of the building because of heavy rain and, more recently, sub-zero temperatures.
The interior of the toilets was finished in late January and the conveniences have been available for use by the public for several weeks.
However, rain stopped workers rendering the outside of the building and they are now waiting for warmer, drier weather to complete the redecoration of the exterior.
You may also want to watch:
The improvements include new wall and floor finishes, sanitary ware, automated hand washing units, mechanical air ventilation, new roof covering and double glazed windows.
A baby change bench in the both the female and male toilets has been added along with a storm water drain and repairs to existing foul water drains.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
EDDC’s workmen have done what they can to ensure that the Sidmouth toilet block looks tidy and presentable in time for the Easter holiday period.
? With Easter falling at the end of March this year, EDDC has announced that seasonal toilet blocks in towns across the district would re-open by yesterday, Thursday, March 27, rather than April 1 as would be usual.