Sidmouth toilet re-vamp delayed by bad weather
- Credit: Archant
WORK to complete an £81,000 refurbishment of public toilets at Sidmouth’s Three Cornered Plot has been held up by bad weather.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) has apologised for the unfinished appearance of the loo block.
Bosses explained that contractors were unable to complete work on the exterior of the building because of heavy rain and, more recently, sub-zero temperatures.
The interior of the toilets was finished in late January and the conveniences have been available for use by the public for several weeks.
However, rain stopped workers rendering the outside of the building and they are now waiting for warmer, drier weather to complete the redecoration of the exterior.
You may also want to watch:
The improvements include new wall and floor finishes, sanitary ware, automated hand washing units, mechanical air ventilation, new roof covering and double glazed windows.
A baby change bench in the both the female and male toilets has been added along with a storm water drain and repairs to existing foul water drains.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
EDDC’s workmen have done what they can to ensure that the Sidmouth toilet block looks tidy and presentable in time for the Easter holiday period.
? With Easter falling at the end of March this year, EDDC has announced that seasonal toilet blocks in towns across the district would re-open by yesterday, Thursday, March 27, rather than April 1 as would be usual.