Sidmouth Town Band gets EDDC certificate
District council recognition for Sidmouth band’s national championship achievements
IN recognition of achieving its best result since 1929 after coming third in the third section of the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain, Sidmouth Town Band has received a certificate from East Devon District Council.
The band’s musical director, Adrian Harvey, and principal trombone and chairman, Christopher Holland, received the award from Councillor Graham Liverton, EDDC chairman.
Christopher said they were delighted to receive the certificate on behalf of the band, adding: “To be recognised by the district council is particularly encouraging.
“What many people don’t realise is that as West of England Champions, we were not just representing Sidmouth, not even Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“We were the only band from the South West taking part against bands from all over Great Britain.”
He said 2009/10 had been a most successful couple of years for the band, which had won many trophies and performed successful concerts, and thanked all the band’s well-wishers and supporters.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
“It certainly seems to be making us even more popular, with tickets for our Christmas Concert on December 10 at the Manor Pavilion Theatre already selling well!”