Sidmouth Town Band gets EDDC certificate
District council recognition for Sidmouth band’s national championship achievements
IN recognition of achieving its best result since 1929 after coming third in the third section of the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain, Sidmouth Town Band has received a certificate from East Devon District Council.
The band’s musical director, Adrian Harvey, and principal trombone and chairman, Christopher Holland, received the award from Councillor Graham Liverton, EDDC chairman.
Christopher said they were delighted to receive the certificate on behalf of the band, adding: “To be recognised by the district council is particularly encouraging.
“What many people don’t realise is that as West of England Champions, we were not just representing Sidmouth, not even Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“We were the only band from the South West taking part against bands from all over Great Britain.”
He said 2009/10 had been a most successful couple of years for the band, which had won many trophies and performed successful concerts, and thanked all the band’s well-wishers and supporters.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Wheels fall off for Tipton
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
“It certainly seems to be making us even more popular, with tickets for our Christmas Concert on December 10 at the Manor Pavilion Theatre already selling well!”