Sidmouth Town Band gets EDDC certificate
District council recognition for Sidmouth band’s national championship achievements
IN recognition of achieving its best result since 1929 after coming third in the third section of the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain, Sidmouth Town Band has received a certificate from East Devon District Council.
The band’s musical director, Adrian Harvey, and principal trombone and chairman, Christopher Holland, received the award from Councillor Graham Liverton, EDDC chairman.
Christopher said they were delighted to receive the certificate on behalf of the band, adding: “To be recognised by the district council is particularly encouraging.
“What many people don’t realise is that as West of England Champions, we were not just representing Sidmouth, not even Devon.
“We were the only band from the South West taking part against bands from all over Great Britain.”
He said 2009/10 had been a most successful couple of years for the band, which had won many trophies and performed successful concerts, and thanked all the band’s well-wishers and supporters.
- 1 UPDATE: Man dies after A3052 accident
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 Do you have a crocodile bush near you?
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time in Sidmouth
- 6 Join fellow freelancers and homeworkers at Sidmouth's ‘Jelly' sessions
- 7 Three injured in Sidmouth road accident
- 8 From Sidmouth with solidarity: amnesty group writes to overseas political prisoners
- 9 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
“It certainly seems to be making us even more popular, with tickets for our Christmas Concert on December 10 at the Manor Pavilion Theatre already selling well!”