Sidmouth Town Band summer season to start soon and other news
Sidmouth Town Band, who are themselves celebrating their 150th year, will be starting their Summer Season of concerts next Sunday evening. Read this and more.
OWN BAND: Due to their Diamond Jubilee commitments this weekend, Sidmouth Town Band, who are themselves celebrating their 150th year, will be starting their Summer Season of concerts at Connaught Gardens next Sunday evening (June 10) at 8pm. More details in next week’s Herald.
TRADITION: The traditional Beating of the Bounds of the parish will take place on Tuesday, June 5.
NEW CHAIRMAN: Devon County Council (DCC) has announced its new chairman. Councillor Jerry Brook, of Crediton, said: “I warmly welcome this honorary position, and would like to thank everyone for their support.”
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 6 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 7 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 10 Garden and crafts show makes successful comeback
JOHN LEWIS: The hunt is on to fill vacancies for sales assistants, specialist advisers and catering professionals at the new Exeter John Lewis store. The store is due to open later this year and staff are needed to fill to 300 vacancies. Learn more, or apply at: www/jlpjobs.com/Exeter.
GET YOUR GLOVES ON: People in Sidmouth are being asked to get their gloves on to show their support and raise money for children and adults with scleroderma on Friday, June 29, which is World Scleroderma Awareness Day. There is no cure for the disabling condition, whose sufferers often need to wear gloves, even in summer. For more information visit www.sclerodermasociety.org.uk