Sidmouth Town Band to stage Last Night of the Proms concert
Sidmouth Town Band will be taking to the Connaught Gardens stage for their 9th annual Last Night of the Proms concerton Saturday, August 16.
Growing steadily in popularity since being started back in 2006, the event attracts hundreds of concert-goers and gives a chance to enjoy the proms spirit locally in beautiful surroundings.
This year the band are delighted that two nationally renowned soloists are able to perform with them.
Returning is locally born mezzo soprano Marie Elliott.
Accomplished tenor, James Edwards, will also be present.
You may also want to watch:
Both are of English National Opera fame and will be performing a number of solo items and a duet before rousing the crowds with the usual patriotic mix including Land of Hope and Glory, Rule Britannia and Jerusalem.
The band invites everyone to come along and enjoy the last night of the proms spirit and bring flags, picnics, wine, candelabras and anything to make it an occasion.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Tickets (£5) are available from Sidmouth Information Centre on 01395 516441. They will also be available on the night, but it is advised to get them early to avoid disappointment.
Visit www.sidmouthtownband.co.uk for more information.