Sidmouth Town Band opens summer season with virtual concert
- Credit: Archant
A virtual concert by Sidmouth Town Band has struck a cheerful note during the coronavirus lockdown.
The band would have played at Connaught Gardens on Sunday, May 31 as the start of their summer season.
Instead, they put together a concert video with the band performing individually in their own homes, in the style of a Zoom group, and posted it on Facebook.
A spokesman said: “We know everyone is missing family, friends and work.
“For us at Sidmouth Town Band, missing band is the equivalent of missing all three.
You may also want to watch:
“Tonight should have been the opening concert in our summer season at the Connaught Gardens, and what a beautiful evening it would have been.
“Sadly, we can’t perform just yet, due to Covid-19, so we hope this video - brilliantly put together by our principal percussionist Thomas Clemo - lets you know we are all thinking of you, and can’t wait to be performing for you again soon.”
The video can be viewed here
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 3 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders