Sidmouth Town Band opens summer season with virtual concert
- Credit: Archant
A virtual concert by Sidmouth Town Band has struck a cheerful note during the coronavirus lockdown.
The band would have played at Connaught Gardens on Sunday, May 31 as the start of their summer season.
Instead, they put together a concert video with the band performing individually in their own homes, in the style of a Zoom group, and posted it on Facebook.
A spokesman said: “We know everyone is missing family, friends and work.
“For us at Sidmouth Town Band, missing band is the equivalent of missing all three.
You may also want to watch:
“Tonight should have been the opening concert in our summer season at the Connaught Gardens, and what a beautiful evening it would have been.
“Sadly, we can’t perform just yet, due to Covid-19, so we hope this video - brilliantly put together by our principal percussionist Thomas Clemo - lets you know we are all thinking of you, and can’t wait to be performing for you again soon.”
The video can be viewed here
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences