Sidmouth Town Band opens summer season with virtual concert
- Credit: Archant
A virtual concert by Sidmouth Town Band has struck a cheerful note during the coronavirus lockdown.
The band would have played at Connaught Gardens on Sunday, May 31 as the start of their summer season.
Instead, they put together a concert video with the band performing individually in their own homes, in the style of a Zoom group, and posted it on Facebook.
A spokesman said: “We know everyone is missing family, friends and work.
“For us at Sidmouth Town Band, missing band is the equivalent of missing all three.
You may also want to watch:
“Tonight should have been the opening concert in our summer season at the Connaught Gardens, and what a beautiful evening it would have been.
“Sadly, we can’t perform just yet, due to Covid-19, so we hope this video - brilliantly put together by our principal percussionist Thomas Clemo - lets you know we are all thinking of you, and can’t wait to be performing for you again soon.”
The video can be viewed here
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council