Sidmouth town chairman honours PP3 warden
Dr Philip Atkinson and wife Mary receive town plaque in recognition of 20 years “tireless” work for Parish Paths Partnership
A COVETED town plaque was presented to a man and his wife who have “worked tirelessly” for the Parish Paths Partnership in Sidmouth during the past 20 years.
Dr Philip Atkinson and his wife Mary jointly received the plaque from town council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan at a PP3 presentation evening at Sidmouth Sailing Club on Tuesday evening.
Mr Sullivan said that as council chairman he was honoured to be able to recognise people within the community who had done exceptional work.
As PP3 warden for the Sidmouth area, Philip’s work over 20 years had been “tireless” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“His work with PP3 has done so much to get it at the forefront of the town. Sometimes you can go to other towns with footpaths but when you start walking around you wonder why they are not looking after them.
“I’d like to thank him for the work he has done and make this a joint award because behind every good man there is a great lady.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
He said Mary Atkinson had worked quietly for many charities in the town.
Philip said it was not just him, but a number of other volunteers too who helped with PP3 locally.
“We are very lucky that a lot of owners around here are very co-operative…all the paths are open to be used.”
Richard Spurway and Roz Davies on behalf of Devon County Council, presented Philip with framed landscape photographs as a thank-you gift.
Nick Keast will succeed Dr Atkinson in his role as PP3 warden for Sid Valley.