Sidmouth town chairman honours PP3 warden
Dr Philip Atkinson and wife Mary receive town plaque in recognition of 20 years “tireless” work for Parish Paths Partnership
A COVETED town plaque was presented to a man and his wife who have “worked tirelessly” for the Parish Paths Partnership in Sidmouth during the past 20 years.
Dr Philip Atkinson and his wife Mary jointly received the plaque from town council chairman, Councillor Peter Sullivan at a PP3 presentation evening at Sidmouth Sailing Club on Tuesday evening.
Mr Sullivan said that as council chairman he was honoured to be able to recognise people within the community who had done exceptional work.
As PP3 warden for the Sidmouth area, Philip’s work over 20 years had been “tireless” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“His work with PP3 has done so much to get it at the forefront of the town. Sometimes you can go to other towns with footpaths but when you start walking around you wonder why they are not looking after them.
“I’d like to thank him for the work he has done and make this a joint award because behind every good man there is a great lady.”
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 6 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
He said Mary Atkinson had worked quietly for many charities in the town.
Philip said it was not just him, but a number of other volunteers too who helped with PP3 locally.
“We are very lucky that a lot of owners around here are very co-operative…all the paths are open to be used.”
Richard Spurway and Roz Davies on behalf of Devon County Council, presented Philip with framed landscape photographs as a thank-you gift.
Nick Keast will succeed Dr Atkinson in his role as PP3 warden for Sid Valley.