Who is performing at Sidmouth air display 2019?
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth air display will be something visitors have ‘never seen before’ as not one, but four display teams will be jetting in this summer.
Organisers have secured the likes of RAF Chinook, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire, BAC Strikemaster Pair aerobatic jet team and the RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team for August 23.
The Herald revealed the town council was seeking alternatives for the show after the Red Arrows confirmed they would not be available this year due to its tour of the United States.
Christopher Holland, Sidmouth Town Council clerk, said: “When news came through that the Red Arrows were touring the United States this August and unable to appear, Sidmouth Town Council set out to continue to provide an air display on the popular Friday in the lead up to the bank holiday and Regatta in the town.
“Offering different aircraft including the huge Chinook double rotor helicopter and famous Spitfire along with a parachute display and aerobatic jets will appeal to a diverse audience.
You may also want to watch:
“The event has also been planned carefully to ensure and enable a repeat, hopefully with the Red Arrows back in attendance in 2020.
“This year promises to be a spectacular display of aircraft many people never see or only see at a distance.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
“With past crowds of between 20 and 30,000 people flocking to the town in the past, the display promises to be a fitting start to the summer bank holiday and Regatta weekend.”
Timings are yet to be confirmed but it is hoped that the teams will display between 5pm and 7pm.
Aircraft attendance is subject to weather and appropriate licence approvals.