Sidmouth Town FC scores top award
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Football Club has scored an accolade hailing it as the most hospitable and well-appointed in its division.
Representatives were delighted to pick up the accolade while attending the annual dinner and presentation evening of the Carlsberg Peninsula League held in Plymouth.
The award, voted for by visiting opposition clubs throughout the season, acknowledges the standard of facilities, catering, bar and general welcome offered by the club on match days - and is all the more satisfying as it is a peer group award.
Vikings chairman Colin Ralls, in receiving the accolade and cheque for £450, said it was an important award and paid tribute to the often unheralded club personnel who cook, clean, serve behind the bar, prepare the playing surface and generally make sure coming to the club in Manstone Lane is an enjoyable experience for all.
Membership subscriptions for 2013/14 are now due and for a modest fee everyone is welcome to come and enjoy the football and retire to the clubhouse afterwards in the company of friends and fellow supporters.
You may also want to watch:
Call club secretary Andy Argyle on 01395 577697 for more information.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time