Sidmouth Town FC scores top award
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Football Club has scored an accolade hailing it as the most hospitable and well-appointed in its division.
Representatives were delighted to pick up the accolade while attending the annual dinner and presentation evening of the Carlsberg Peninsula League held in Plymouth.
The award, voted for by visiting opposition clubs throughout the season, acknowledges the standard of facilities, catering, bar and general welcome offered by the club on match days - and is all the more satisfying as it is a peer group award.
Vikings chairman Colin Ralls, in receiving the accolade and cheque for £450, said it was an important award and paid tribute to the often unheralded club personnel who cook, clean, serve behind the bar, prepare the playing surface and generally make sure coming to the club in Manstone Lane is an enjoyable experience for all.
Membership subscriptions for 2013/14 are now due and for a modest fee everyone is welcome to come and enjoy the football and retire to the clubhouse afterwards in the company of friends and fellow supporters.
You may also want to watch:
Call club secretary Andy Argyle on 01395 577697 for more information.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop