Sidmouth Town’s Scott nets unbreakable record
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth teenager has netted a spot in the record books by scoring a goal.
Scott Hughes is the first 16-year-old, born this century, to score an official goal in an adult team in the Devon and Exeter League.
The centre forward scored on his debut for Sidmouth Town’s third team against Bampton on April 16.
Scott, a former Sidmouth College pupil, said he felt privileged to hold the record.
He added: “It’s my record and it can’t be broken.
You may also want to watch:
“The game had 25 to 30 minutes left and we were 1-0 down - that’s when I came on.
“I was quite nervous as it was my first game in men’s football, but I knew, if I could get into a good position, that I might be able to get a chance.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
“I felt relieved as I had just scored on my debut to make the score level, but unfortunately we weren’t able to get the win, even though we created so many chances - but getting one point for the draw is better than none.
“My first game was very enjoyable and one that I will remember for a long time.”