Sidmouth treasure trail ""great fun"" say winners
WINNERS of Sunday s Kennaway Treasure Hunt have described the event as great fun.
WINNERS of Sunday's Kennaway Treasure Hunt have described the event as great fun.
"It was great fun and we've learnt a lot about Sidmouth," said Steph Buckingham and Helen Burgess, who scored 40 out of a possible 50 points by following clues along a trail around the streets of Sidmouth town centre.
Only half a point behind were runners-up Tilli and John Beglin, closely followed by Alsia and John Dixon.
For all ages, from one to 80, the treasure hunt finished at Kennaway with a cream tea and prize giving.
You may also want to watch:
Jean and David Laidler, who organised the trail, thanked all participants and the Kennaway volunteers for making the event so successful.
The next Kennaway Treasure Hunt will take place in spring 2010.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police