Sidmouth treasure trail ""great fun"" say winners
WINNERS of Sunday s Kennaway Treasure Hunt have described the event as great fun.
WINNERS of Sunday's Kennaway Treasure Hunt have described the event as great fun.
"It was great fun and we've learnt a lot about Sidmouth," said Steph Buckingham and Helen Burgess, who scored 40 out of a possible 50 points by following clues along a trail around the streets of Sidmouth town centre.
Only half a point behind were runners-up Tilli and John Beglin, closely followed by Alsia and John Dixon.
For all ages, from one to 80, the treasure hunt finished at Kennaway with a cream tea and prize giving.
You may also want to watch:
Jean and David Laidler, who organised the trail, thanked all participants and the Kennaway volunteers for making the event so successful.
The next Kennaway Treasure Hunt will take place in spring 2010.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 4 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder