Happy Birthday! Sidmouth Trefoil Guild celebrates 75 years
- Credit: Archant
It was a birthday celebration to remember for Girl Guides young and old to mark 75 years of the Trefoil Guild.
Some 300 members of Sidmouth’s Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Senior Section unit, Trefoil Guild and volunteers came together to enjoy an afternoon of fun and games.
The event took place at Salcombe Regis Field on Saturday and offered the girls chance to take part in traversing, rifle shooting, archery, sumo wrestling and a number of craft events.
The Trefoil Guild started in 1943 and over the course of seven decades have helped to support units in the town by raising money and offering their time to work with leaders and young guides.
Grace Essex, from the Trefoil Guild, said: “It was an event which the whole community can be proud, without their help this event could not have taken place.”
You may also want to watch:
The guild thanked Sidmouth Police, Devon Freewheelers, Donkey Sanctuary, Sid Vale Scouts and Sidmouth Town Council and businesses in the town for making the day special.
The following businesses and organisations were also thanked:
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
AngelChops – Celebration Cake, Chamber of Commerce, Paper Moon Cards and Gifts, The Hair Loft, Guy Bennett Landscaping, Keith Owen Fund part of the Sid Vale Association, Richard Waring - Security, Fire Protection and Safety, Switchgear, Vinnicombes Bakery, Ian G Winchester – Greengrocer and Hayman’s Butchers of Sidmouth