Sidmouth trio named ‘greatest losers’ after combined 18 stone weight loss
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Sidmouth slimmers have been crowned the town’s ‘greatest losers’ after shedding more than 18 stone in weight.
Lynn Cornish, Marissa Unsworth and Brigitte Parkyn each took home the title after seeing ‘life changing’ results by attending their local Slimming World group.
Sidmouth Slimming World annually presents the award to the member of each of its groups who have the lost the most weight.
Marissa, who has lost more than five stone, said: “I’ve made so many friends at the group and I honestly don’t think I could have done it without their support each week.
“They helped me with recipes and tips and if I was ever struggling they were always there to remind me why I’d wanted to lose weight in the first place and how far I’d come since first stepping through the doors.”
You may also want to watch:
“I still enjoy all my favourite meals like burgers and chips and roast dinners but I’ve learned how to make small changes like using lean meat or cooking with low calorie spray instead of oil or butter.
“It fits in really well with the rest of my family and we can all eat the same meals.”
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Her fellow winners Lynn and Brigitte have also lost nearly nine and four stone respectively in their Wednesday evening and Saturday morning group.
Harriet Steptoe, Slimming World consultant, said: “The changes we’ve seen in Lynn, Marissa and Brigitte are incredible.
“To think Marissa could barely get the energy to walk, now she is running half marathons. I have been working with Bridgette since day one and the confidence and the spring in her step when she comes to group.
It is something to be proud of and to see the change.
“I hope their success will inspire other people in Sidmouth who’d like to lose weight by forming new lifestyle habits and become happier and healthier to take action.”
The Sidmouth groups meets every Wednesday at 9.30am, 11.30am, 5pm and 7pm at Kennaway House and every Saturday at 9.30am at Sidmouth C of E Primary School, Woolbrook Road.
For more information or to join one of the Slimming World groups call Harriet on 07828 299391.