Sidmouth businesses and tourist attraction makes award final shortlist
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Sidmouth visitor spots have reached the final of this year’s Devon Tourism Awards.
The Donkey Sanctuary, Oakdown Holiday Park and Alpine Park Cottages will find out if they have won their respective categories at an awards ceremony in Torquay on Thursday, November 28.
The Donkey Sanctuary has been shortlisted for large visitor attraction of the year, Oakdown Holiday Park in the caravan and camping category and Alpine Park Cottages is in contention for self catering accommodation of the year.
Now in its 10th year, the competition received a record 240 entries, which have been whittled down to the final 88.
In the East Devon area the Deer Park Hotel and Ladram Bay have also been shortlisted for the final.
You may also want to watch:
Winners will be announced on the night, with finalists taking home a gold, silver or bronze award.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start