Sidmouth twinners aim to widen social base
Sidmouth Twinning Circle’s links with Le Locle get stronger
A NEW brochure detailing information about Sidmouth Twinning Circle, its twin town Le Locle, Switzerland, and programme of events, has just been published.
After a successful year, the revival of the twinning link between the two towns just keeps getting stronger.
Two members paid a short visit to Le Locle in June and an informal evening gathering brought together most of those who had come to Sidmouth last October.
Secretary John Pearce said: “It was a wonderfully friendly occasion and at the end of it we were given confirmation that the Le Locle circle would like to receive a party from here in September 2011.”
You may also want to watch:
The Twinning Circle is trying to widen is base in Sidmouth and chairman Norma Pearce has written to many community organisations and clubs inviting them to send a representative to a social evening at the Blue Ball, Sidford, on Friday, October 8.
Twin aims of the evening are to spread knowledge about twinning and gain support for it, and explore the scope for exchange visits by interested societies, either independently or as part of the circle’s own twinning visits.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
John said anyone who visited Le Locle would receive a warm reception. Call him or Norma on (01395) 514906.