Sidmouth twinners aim to widen social base
Sidmouth Twinning Circle’s links with Le Locle get stronger
A NEW brochure detailing information about Sidmouth Twinning Circle, its twin town Le Locle, Switzerland, and programme of events, has just been published.
After a successful year, the revival of the twinning link between the two towns just keeps getting stronger.
Two members paid a short visit to Le Locle in June and an informal evening gathering brought together most of those who had come to Sidmouth last October.
Secretary John Pearce said: “It was a wonderfully friendly occasion and at the end of it we were given confirmation that the Le Locle circle would like to receive a party from here in September 2011.”
You may also want to watch:
The Twinning Circle is trying to widen is base in Sidmouth and chairman Norma Pearce has written to many community organisations and clubs inviting them to send a representative to a social evening at the Blue Ball, Sidford, on Friday, October 8.
Twin aims of the evening are to spread knowledge about twinning and gain support for it, and explore the scope for exchange visits by interested societies, either independently or as part of the circle’s own twinning visits.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
John said anyone who visited Le Locle would receive a warm reception. Call him or Norma on (01395) 514906.