Sidmouth twinners aim to widen social base
Sidmouth Twinning Circle’s links with Le Locle get stronger
A NEW brochure detailing information about Sidmouth Twinning Circle, its twin town Le Locle, Switzerland, and programme of events, has just been published.
After a successful year, the revival of the twinning link between the two towns just keeps getting stronger.
Two members paid a short visit to Le Locle in June and an informal evening gathering brought together most of those who had come to Sidmouth last October.
Secretary John Pearce said: “It was a wonderfully friendly occasion and at the end of it we were given confirmation that the Le Locle circle would like to receive a party from here in September 2011.”
You may also want to watch:
The Twinning Circle is trying to widen is base in Sidmouth and chairman Norma Pearce has written to many community organisations and clubs inviting them to send a representative to a social evening at the Blue Ball, Sidford, on Friday, October 8.
Twin aims of the evening are to spread knowledge about twinning and gain support for it, and explore the scope for exchange visits by interested societies, either independently or as part of the circle’s own twinning visits.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
John said anyone who visited Le Locle would receive a warm reception. Call him or Norma on (01395) 514906.