Sidmouth Twinners hold coffee and crafts event
Local crafts available at Sidmouth Twinning Circle’s annual coffee and crafts morning
Sidmouth Twinning Circle
Sidmouth Twinning Circle will hold its annual Coffee and Crafts morning on Friday, March 23, from 9.30am to 12.30pm at St John’s Hall, Blackmore Drive.
Coffee and biscuits available, together with a number of local people’s craft stalls and information about twinning with Le Locle.
The circle’s secretary, Judi Horwood, said: “It is a fund-raising morning, but we want to heighten the profile of the circle and would love to have more people join. It really is very enjoyable.”
Christine Bull, who is organising the craft stalls, will have a felting stall, and there will be art and woodturning items among other crafts on offer.
Twinning members enjoyed a visit to Sidmouth’s twinned town last autumn and is looking forward to greeting a group from the Swiss town in autumn 2013.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 3 Missing woman may be in Sidmouth
- 4 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 5 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 6 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 7 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 8 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 9 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
- 10 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
Meanwhile, students from Sidmouth College have just returned from a successful trip to Le Locle.
On Wednesday, April 18, from 2.30pm with tea, the twinning circle will hold its AGM at Twyford House, Coburg Road. Open to anyone.
On May 10, the circle will hold an evening at Sidmouth Garden Centre, how to make hanging baskets, followed by a hot supper. From 5.30/6pm onwards, tickets available from 01395 515434.
If you would like to join the twinning circle or find out more about it, please contact Judi on 01395 577585.