Sidmouth twins born day apart
Separate birthdays for twins born to Sidmouth couple
MEET twins Phoebe and Joshua who were born a day apart.
The two-week-old babies, sleeping happily in the arms of parents Tom and Sally Willey of Livonia Road, Sidmouth, watched by big sisters Lia, four, and Josie, three, have separate birthdays after being born either side of midnight.
“I’m going to have to make sure they have separate birthday parties,” said Sally, who delivered Phoebe naturally on March 22.
“She was 6lb 4oz, but he was 7lb 1oz and just wouldn’t come, so two hours later, just after midnight on March 23, I had to have a C-section, which was a double whammy, but they are both healthy and that is the main thing.”
You may also want to watch:
The twins’ first outing was to Good Friday’s hot cross bun giveaway, which the couple have taken Lia and Josie to before.
“They just slept the whole while,” said Sally. “We were tempted to claim their hot cross buns for ourselves but we didn’t.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Although there have been no instances of twins in previous generations of her family, Sally’s sister, Emma, who lives in the North of England, also had twins and Sally knew she was carrying twins at her 12-week scan.
“Our little girls just love it, they are so hands on with them,” she added.