Sidmouth twins born day apart
Separate birthdays for twins born to Sidmouth couple
MEET twins Phoebe and Joshua who were born a day apart.
The two-week-old babies, sleeping happily in the arms of parents Tom and Sally Willey of Livonia Road, Sidmouth, watched by big sisters Lia, four, and Josie, three, have separate birthdays after being born either side of midnight.
“I’m going to have to make sure they have separate birthday parties,” said Sally, who delivered Phoebe naturally on March 22.
“She was 6lb 4oz, but he was 7lb 1oz and just wouldn’t come, so two hours later, just after midnight on March 23, I had to have a C-section, which was a double whammy, but they are both healthy and that is the main thing.”
You may also want to watch:
The twins’ first outing was to Good Friday’s hot cross bun giveaway, which the couple have taken Lia and Josie to before.
“They just slept the whole while,” said Sally. “We were tempted to claim their hot cross buns for ourselves but we didn’t.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
Although there have been no instances of twins in previous generations of her family, Sally’s sister, Emma, who lives in the North of England, also had twins and Sally knew she was carrying twins at her 12-week scan.
“Our little girls just love it, they are so hands on with them,” she added.