Sidmouth vandals prompt 999 plea
PROLIFIC vandals who have caused hundreds of pounds of damage to scores of cars in Sidmouth could have struck again.
PROLIFIC vandals suspected to have caused hundreds of pounds of damage to scores of cars in Sidmouth could have struck again.
Police this week reminded residents to be on the lookout and dial 999 if they spot suspicious activity in the Stowford area of town.
Criminals targeted three vehicles in one night in Core Hill road on Thursday, October 21, after damaging another in Sedemuda Road on October 15. The spate adds to 13 separate incidents of vandalism to vehicles in the area in the last year.
“It’s unusual to have that many in one area,” Sergeant Andy Turner told the Herald, “we don’t know whether it’s a resident with a gripe about parking or if it’s someone unhappy about something else.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all exactly the same thing where there were scratches to the side panelling of cars.
“We believe one or two people are responsible for a significant amount of damage. “It’s being treated as quite a serious crime. There is no specific pattern in the time of day it occurs.”
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
PS Turner revealed people have been identified but ruled out of officers’ enquiries.
He asked resident to remain vigilant and to call police if they see anything suspicious.
Anyone with information can contact Sidmouth police on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/10/531, or ring Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 55511.