Sidmouth vet marries cat loving Delia
Partner at Sidmouth vets marries at Westcliff Hotel on Saturday
CATS and children brought together long-standing Sidmouth veterinary surgeon Stuart Ikin and Delia Bills, who married at the Westcliff Hotel on Saturday.
“Delia used to bring in cats to me from the Cats Protection 15 years ago when we lived in West Hill,” said Stuart a partner with Gordon Oxenham in Ikin and Oxenham.
“She was an acquaintance, we knew each other through pets and children. We lost contact for about 10 years then met again.”
A vet for 30 years, colleagues attended the wedding, which was followed buy a wedding breakfast for 40 at the Westcliff.
You may also want to watch:
Delia wore an ivory wedding dress and carried a bouquet of red roses, and was given away by family friend Martyn Taylor.
Leo, 28, Stuart’s son, was best man and Delia’s two daughters, Lydia, 26, and Pippa, 24, were bridesmaids. They also wore ivory dresses from Coast and carried posies of red roses.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
The couple were due to honeymoon in Malaysia.