Sidmouth vet marries cat loving Delia
Partner at Sidmouth vets marries at Westcliff Hotel on Saturday
CATS and children brought together long-standing Sidmouth veterinary surgeon Stuart Ikin and Delia Bills, who married at the Westcliff Hotel on Saturday.
“Delia used to bring in cats to me from the Cats Protection 15 years ago when we lived in West Hill,” said Stuart a partner with Gordon Oxenham in Ikin and Oxenham.
“She was an acquaintance, we knew each other through pets and children. We lost contact for about 10 years then met again.”
A vet for 30 years, colleagues attended the wedding, which was followed buy a wedding breakfast for 40 at the Westcliff.
You may also want to watch:
Delia wore an ivory wedding dress and carried a bouquet of red roses, and was given away by family friend Martyn Taylor.
Leo, 28, Stuart’s son, was best man and Delia’s two daughters, Lydia, 26, and Pippa, 24, were bridesmaids. They also wore ivory dresses from Coast and carried posies of red roses.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
The couple were due to honeymoon in Malaysia.