Sidmouth vet marries cat loving Delia
Partner at Sidmouth vets marries at Westcliff Hotel on Saturday
CATS and children brought together long-standing Sidmouth veterinary surgeon Stuart Ikin and Delia Bills, who married at the Westcliff Hotel on Saturday.
“Delia used to bring in cats to me from the Cats Protection 15 years ago when we lived in West Hill,” said Stuart a partner with Gordon Oxenham in Ikin and Oxenham.
“She was an acquaintance, we knew each other through pets and children. We lost contact for about 10 years then met again.”
A vet for 30 years, colleagues attended the wedding, which was followed buy a wedding breakfast for 40 at the Westcliff.
You may also want to watch:
Delia wore an ivory wedding dress and carried a bouquet of red roses, and was given away by family friend Martyn Taylor.
Leo, 28, Stuart’s son, was best man and Delia’s two daughters, Lydia, 26, and Pippa, 24, were bridesmaids. They also wore ivory dresses from Coast and carried posies of red roses.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The couple were due to honeymoon in Malaysia.