Sidmouth vote warning
ABOUT one-third of households in East Devon (22,000 in total) have not yet registered to vote and, with a General Election due before 3 June next year, it is important that residents don t lose their right
ABOUT one-third of households in East Devon (22,000 in total) have not yet registered to vote and, with a General Election due before 3 June next year, it is important that residents don't lose their right to decide who should lead the country into the next decade.
East Devon District Council's Electoral Registration Officer, Mark Williams, is urging anyone who is eligible to vote to make sure their name appears on the Register of Electors, which is published on 1 December.
Registration forms have been sent to every household in the district and, by law, these must be returned with details of everyone living at the property who is eligible to register and who will be resident at that property on 15 October. Registrations can be made by post or online.
How to register
You may also want to watch:
The Council will accept completed forms as an email attachment or by fax; you do not need to follow up with the original. Details are on the form. If you have any questions, please ring our Helpline on 01395 517402.
You can also register by 'phone or online if:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
1. There are no changes to your registration details
2. You want to apply for a postal vote
3. You want to exclude your names from the "Edited Register" which can be bought by anyone.
To confirm your details by Freephone call 0800 197 4901.
To confirm your details by internet go to the front page of the Council's website: www.eastdevon.gov.uk Please ensure you have your security code handy (it is printed in the top right hand box of your registration form). It is completely secure and only the Electoral Registration staff have access to your security code and the information provided.
If there are any additions, deletions or other changes to the printed details, please do not use this method; please return the printed form by post.