Sidmouth waitress’ bungee jump for late auntie
A SIDMOUTH waitress will bungee jump for charity in memory of her late aunt.
Charlotte Strong, 20, and her family are facing their first Christmas without much-loved Chris Coppell, who died of cancer in July.
Charlotte, who works at the Filling Station, will take part in a bungee jump in April to raise cash for Hospiscare - and hopes the town will back her bid.
“I’m doing it because the hospice (in Exeter) is so great, and Chris wanted us to raise money for them,” said Charlotte, of Brook Street, Ottery St Mary.
“The staff are friendly, make you laugh, and are very caring.
“It’s a very hard time for families and they make you feel calmer, and help you appreciate the time you have left with your family.”
Charlotte said of her auntie, who lived in West Hill, : “She was one of those people who was excited about everything.”
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 10 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
Chris’ husband, Graham, is planning a sponsored cycle around Europe next year in aid of the cause.
Charlotte has raised �100 so far, and would welcome any help.
She plans to hold a fundraiser in memory of Chris every year, and is organising a skydive for the summer.
Hospiscare provides free support for people in Exeter and Mid and East Devon who are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
To boost Charlotte’s bid visit: www.justgiving.com/Chris-coppell.