Sidmouth Waitrose backs guide dogs charity
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers at a Sidmouth supermarket used a token scheme to back a visual impairment charity to the tune of £522.
The support for Guide Dogs for the Blind will go towards training its next generation of guide dog puppies.
The cash came from the Waitrose Community Matters scheme.
Kevin Tierney, a fundraiser for the cause, said: “Thank you for choosing to support our charity. It costs more than £50,000 to train and support each guide dog during its working life. We see the difference that these magnificent dogs make to the lives of people who are blind and partially sighted.”
Kevin would like to hear from anyone in the East Devon area who would be interested in helping the local group.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone able to help locally with supermarket collections or other activities can call 03451 430204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club