Sidmouth Waitrose staff boost Devon Air Ambulance
DEVON Air Ambulance will receive a �1,000 boost from Sidmouth Waitrose workers.
Store partners were given �5 apiece and each decided to donate cash to the lifesaving cause.
Devon Air Ambulance Trust volunteer co-ordinator Debbie Collingwood, who lives in Temple Street, Sidmouth, was invited along to accept the cheque.
She said: “We’re really grateful. Keeping Devon’s two air ambulances flying costs in the region of �4.5 million per year.
“It’s entirely down to the generosity of the businesses and fundraising initiatives throughout the community that we can continue our work. ”
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers at Stowford Rise’s Waitrose store could bag a brand new car next Friday, August 12, when staff from Devon Air Ambulance Trust will sell tickets (�1) for their grand summer draw.
The winner will be revealed on Sunday, September 18.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat