Sidmouth Waitrose staff boost Devon Air Ambulance
DEVON Air Ambulance will receive a �1,000 boost from Sidmouth Waitrose workers.
Store partners were given �5 apiece and each decided to donate cash to the lifesaving cause.
Devon Air Ambulance Trust volunteer co-ordinator Debbie Collingwood, who lives in Temple Street, Sidmouth, was invited along to accept the cheque.
She said: “We’re really grateful. Keeping Devon’s two air ambulances flying costs in the region of �4.5 million per year.
“It’s entirely down to the generosity of the businesses and fundraising initiatives throughout the community that we can continue our work. ”
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers at Stowford Rise’s Waitrose store could bag a brand new car next Friday, August 12, when staff from Devon Air Ambulance Trust will sell tickets (�1) for their grand summer draw.
The winner will be revealed on Sunday, September 18.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future