Sidmouth walk for Macmillan charity
PUTTING their best foot forward on Sunday, October 19, walkers will step out to raise funds for the Macmillan Autumn Challenge charity walk.
PUTTING their best foot forward on Sunday, October 19, walkers will step out to raise funds for the Macmillan Autumn Challenge charity walk
Organised by Macmillan's Sidmouth fundraising committee, registration will be between 9.30am and 10.30am at Peak Hill car park for the figure-of-eight walk, which can be done in two halves of 4.5 or five miles.
Walkers with "well-behaved" dogs are welcome and there is a £5 entry fee.
Committee chairman Tricia Heard said: "Walkers will be able to see the best that East Devon can offer.
You may also want to watch:
"Our shorter route takes in High Peak and Ladram Bay, with spectacular panoramic coastal views.
"The five mile walk is over breathtaking heathland and takes in Muttersmoor, Otterton Hill, Salters Cross and Bulverton Hill."
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
More energetic walkers can complete both sections and everyone taking part will receive a certificate.
Cotswold Outdoor Ltd has sponsored the prize for the top individual fundraiser.