Sidmouth walkers needed to boost cancer charity
SID Valley Rotary Club members are on the lookout for walkers to help raise cash for cancer charity FORCE.
Rotarian David Jackson has taken on a World Heritage Coast challenge for years and is on the lookout for fellow fundraisers to join him for one, two or three day stints on September 16,17 and 18.
The challenge raised �3,000 for FORCE last year.
Sid Valley Rotary Club organisers will transport participants to the start of each stage and provide support during each day’s walk.
They only ask participants to raise as much sponsorship as possible, and to come along to enjoy exercise, fresh air and some of the most beautiful coastal scenery in the South West.
You may also want to watch:
David told the Herald: “Days one and two offer a challenge to walkers, but the Sunday walk from Sidmouth to Exmouth is great fun and well within most people’s capabilities.”
Further details and an entry form can be found at www.sidvalleyrotary.co.uk or by e-mailing organisers email@example.com.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
Ring David on (01404) 42228 (daytime) or (01404) 45425 (evenings) for more information.
Send in your entry form and David will send you a sponsorship form and details of the JustGiving website for online sponsorship.
FORCE has played a vital role in local cancer services for nearly 25 years. The charity’s work finances improvements in patient care through research and the purchase of advanced equipment.