Sidmouth walkers needed to boost cancer charity
SID Valley Rotary Club members are on the lookout for walkers to help raise cash for cancer charity FORCE.
Rotarian David Jackson has taken on a World Heritage Coast challenge for years and is on the lookout for fellow fundraisers to join him for one, two or three day stints on September 16,17 and 18.
The challenge raised �3,000 for FORCE last year.
Sid Valley Rotary Club organisers will transport participants to the start of each stage and provide support during each day’s walk.
They only ask participants to raise as much sponsorship as possible, and to come along to enjoy exercise, fresh air and some of the most beautiful coastal scenery in the South West.
You may also want to watch:
David told the Herald: “Days one and two offer a challenge to walkers, but the Sunday walk from Sidmouth to Exmouth is great fun and well within most people’s capabilities.”
Further details and an entry form can be found at www.sidvalleyrotary.co.uk or by e-mailing organisers firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Ring David on (01404) 42228 (daytime) or (01404) 45425 (evenings) for more information.
Send in your entry form and David will send you a sponsorship form and details of the JustGiving website for online sponsorship.
FORCE has played a vital role in local cancer services for nearly 25 years. The charity’s work finances improvements in patient care through research and the purchase of advanced equipment.