Sidmouth welcomes new PC
SIDMOUTH police welcomed a new recruit to their ranks this week.
PC Steve Vincent joined the neighbourhood team and the news has been hailed a real coup for the town.
PC Vincent has spent the last 18 months tackling community issues ranging from anti-social behaviour to burglary and car crime as part of the specialist Mid and East Devon PACT team. He was previously attached to Exmouth CID.
“I’m very familiar with Sidmouth it’s surrounding areas and their community issues,” said PC Vincent, “I’m looking forward to a new challenge.
“I’m East Devon through and through and have friends that live and work in the Sidmouth area,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Andy Turner said PC Vincent is a welcome addition to his team.
He added: “I’ve worked with Steve over the years and the town is going to be blessed with a really good policeman. His reputation precedes him. Exmouth felt he was a loss when he was posted here, and it certainly is Sidmouth’s gain.”
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth