Sidmouth welcomes new PC
SIDMOUTH police welcomed a new recruit to their ranks this week.
PC Steve Vincent joined the neighbourhood team and the news has been hailed a real coup for the town.
PC Vincent has spent the last 18 months tackling community issues ranging from anti-social behaviour to burglary and car crime as part of the specialist Mid and East Devon PACT team. He was previously attached to Exmouth CID.
“I’m very familiar with Sidmouth it’s surrounding areas and their community issues,” said PC Vincent, “I’m looking forward to a new challenge.
“I’m East Devon through and through and have friends that live and work in the Sidmouth area,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Andy Turner said PC Vincent is a welcome addition to his team.
He added: “I’ve worked with Steve over the years and the town is going to be blessed with a really good policeman. His reputation precedes him. Exmouth felt he was a loss when he was posted here, and it certainly is Sidmouth’s gain.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge