Sidmouth welcomes visitors from Le Locle
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Twinning Circle pulled out the stops this week to welcome visitors from the town’s ‘twin’.
Guests from Le Locle, Switzerland, arrived on Sunday for five days of activities to mark more than 30 years of international relations.
Businesses in the town decorated their shops red and white to welcome the visitors.
On Monday, the group was invited to a civic dinner by Sidmouth Town Council at the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel.
Sidmouth Steppers provided entertainment on the seafront before the visitors enjoyed a three-course meal.
You may also want to watch:
During the week, the twinning circle took the guests to Bicton Park, Plymouth and Bickleigh Mill.
For their final evening in town, the guests enjoyed a game of skittles and buffet supper at the Maltsters Arms.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The Sidmouth Ukulele Strummers provided musical entertainment.
The Le Locle party bid farewell today (Friday) from Manor Road car park for a two night stay in Bristol before returning home.