Sidmouth wine bar plan supported and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Civic leaders have supported plans to turn a popular Sidmouth café into a wine bar. Read this and more.
WINE BAR: Civic leaders have supported plans to turn a popular Sidmouth café into a wine bar.
Sidmouth Town Council Planning Committee members backed proposals for a change of use from a restaurant to drinking establishment at 67 High Street, currently The Chattery, when they met last Wednesday.
The fate of proposals by applicant Vanstone and Son Ltd will be decided by the district council.
You may also want to watch:
CHECKOUT CHANCE: Newton Poppleford Village Hall has bagged a chance to benefit from a Sidmouth supermarket charity scheme.
The cause has been selected as one of Waitrose’s Community Matters beneficiaries during February. All proceeds will go to hall refurbishments.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
VALENTINES DIsCO: A valentines disco has been organised by Newton Poppleford and Harpford Tennis Club for Saturday, February 16, at 7.30pm.
Tickets (£10) include a hot buffet and are available from Helene Hewitt on 01395 567447 or Paula Burhop on 01395 568766.
ABBEYFIELD: The 49th annual general meeting of the Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society will take place at 11am, on Thursday, February 28, in All Saints Church Hall.