Sidmouth wine tasting raises �1,000 for RNLI and other news
It was cheers all around for Sidmouth branch of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution which raised more than �1,000 at a wine tasting. Read this and more.
RNLI CORKER: It was cheers all around for Sidmouth branch of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution which raised more than �1,000 at a wine tasting last week.
Some 60 wines supplied by Jonathan of Wine World, Honiton, tempted the taste buds of supporters at the event in Kennaway House.
“It was a very successful evening,” said RNLI committee member Ian Jacombs.
“Our thanks to everyone and our sponsors for their support.”
You may also want to watch:
The wine tasting was sponsored by Woolbrook Ford Garage, estate agents Scott and Hall, Duralife Windows and Oaklands Country Store.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
KIDS VISIT COUNCIL: Students from across East Devon will show councillors how they think the district should be run next Friday.
More than 40 kids from Sidmouth, Beer, Budleigh Salterton and Clyst Hydon primary schools will be visiting Knowle as part of the national Takeover Day.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) kitchen staff will teach the 10- and 11-year-olds about food safety and the recycling team will show them how to save resources.
The youngsters will get the chance to take part in a youth council to discuss issues relevant to them, and they can help the EDDC Housing Team plan a community festival.
COACH TRIP: Tickets (�10) are still available for a Christmas shopping trip to Cardiff on Sunday, December 2, organised by Sidmouth Town Football Club.
Contact Emma Adam on 01395 514986.
SOUL SPECTACULAR: Sidbury is feeling the soul with the rare performance of a popular band next month.
Souled return to the village hall for a special Christmas show that will feature classic Motown, Stax and Atlantic soul music.
After a successful 2012 that saw them shortlisted as the Best Soul/R&B Act in the South West Music Awards and deliver a highly-acclaimed open-air performance at Sidmouth’s Anchor Inn.
Tickets (�10) for the December 8 show are available from Drews in Sidbury, the cricket club or the primary school, with some of the proceeds going to the latter two.