Sidmouth’s shop ‘thank-you to customers’ as they announce closure before fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s wine shop will shut its doors next month.
Natalie Bowditch and Matt Collings will not be renewing the lease on Sidmouth Wines, in Fore Street, when it runs out at the end of March.
The couple took over the shop on April 1 2014 and would be celebrating five years in business this year.
The owners say they will shut earlier if all their stock is sold before the end of March.
The independent business sold a range of alcohols made within the East Devon area, including 15 gins from small distilleries and beers from 11 local breweries.
You may also want to watch:
Natalie said: “We really want to thank all our loyal customers for all their loyal support.
There are lots of things, business rates, they were £618, they are now £892 and the price of wine has also shot up.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
“I’ve worked here for nearly 20 years and Matt has for 10. We have really enjoyed it, it’s a nice chance to meet people.”